Realm Of Magyk Forums
Welcome To The Realm, Come See What Has Happened Since Your Last Visit
Realm Of Magyk Forums
Welcome To The Realm, Come See What Has Happened Since Your Last Visit
Realm Of Magyk Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Realm Of Magyk Forums

Enter The World, Live A Legend. The Realm Is Waiting...

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inDownload jk3 mod
We are currently in the year/passing 495 of the Fourth Age.
Repetitive Posting On One/Many Forums Or Advertising Of Any Kind Is Considered Spamming.
Go to the Quests and Achievements Forum and suggest some content for our tutorial!
The Multiplayer Beta is Available on moddb.com
Check out our wiki at realmofmagyk.wikia.com

Rping (Roleplaying on forums)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Matthew
High Council Member
High Council Member
Matthew

Character sheet
Name: MOD Matthew
Race:: Semi-Immortal Being
Occupation/Hobbies: High Councellor of the Council of Elders

Rping (Roleplaying on forums) Empty
PostSubject: Rping (Roleplaying on forums)   Rping (Roleplaying on forums) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 10:28 pm

Rping is basically a story where a group of people choose their characters, their backgrounds and they write a few lines or paragraphs at a time. You basically are either the person or a third person narrator.

Character Sheet Example:
Spoiler:

But you can also do advanced:
Spoiler:

The forum member then controls the reactions and actions of the character through posts, think of it as DnD. First post must be a background story, why the character has decided to leave their hometown.

Interested? Go ahead and post one Very Happy

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com
Matthew
High Council Member
High Council Member
Matthew

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rping (Roleplaying on forums)   Rping (Roleplaying on forums) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 11:20 pm

Ok, example background story, dont expect a masterpiece.

2 Amorina, 493 4th Age

"Elissa woke to the sound of her younger brother and sister rushing down the hallway. She rolled to the edge of her linen clothed bed, and sat up wiping the sleep-dust from her eyes. Then she got up, and made for her wardrobe. The door creaked as she opened it. She took out some leggings and a simple shirt, she'd be sparring this morning. She soon was dressed, and made her way down the stone corridors, to the kitchens for breakfast.

After breakfast she made for the barracks, stopping by a memorial stone, it belonged to her late mother who had died 3-4 years before, during a raid on the town by some rogue Manataurs. Her father was still grieving madly, but Elissa had accepted it somewhat. The only reason Elissa had begun weapons training, was that her father feared she would share her mother's fate.

She arrived at the barracks, and was greeted by Maynir, a man from he far eastern deserts. He had a rough accent, and seemed to growl when he spoke, if someone who had not met him before, met him, they would feel intimidated.
"Atra vali, Elissa. How goes today?", he said.
"Nuestre, Maynir. Well, and yours?", She replied, returning the custom greeting among Maynir's people.
"So this day we put the week's work to trail.", Said Maynir.
"Yes", answered Elissa.
"Then let us begin, meet me in the training room when you have equipped yourself", said Maynir.

Elissa did, she spent the next few hours going over the drills with her dual blades, working constantly on footwork. "Footwork, is the key to winning any fight, for without good footwork, you would surely trip and fall on your own blade.", Maynir had said at the beginning of her training.

Years passed and Elissa became proficient with dual swords, and archery. But on one fateful night her life would be changed forever..."

I'll write more later...
Back to top Go down
Matthew
High Council Member
High Council Member
Matthew

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rping (Roleplaying on forums)   Rping (Roleplaying on forums) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 11:22 pm

Just had a thought, maybe when we get dao, we can do short stories like this one.
Back to top Go down
Tamlin
ArchDruid
ArchDruid
Tamlin

Character sheet
Name: MOD Tamlin
Occupation/Hobbies: Arch Druid

PostSubject: Re: Rping (Roleplaying on forums)   Rping (Roleplaying on forums) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 7:18 am

Ok...here's mine.

"It was a dark and stormy night..."

I'm joking, here's my REAL one:

24 Zarranath, p. 4823 2nd Age

It was a battle. A huge battle. Pretty much the same as all the other battles that had happened in the 1st Kativan wars. But it was different in a slight way. The Good guys were losing.

A brave few stood and fought the oncoming hordes of Goblins and Orcs. They could only fight a little longer. Frenyr wiped some sweat off his brow as he impaled an oncoming goblin. "Cursed creatures!", said Temanis as he sliced his way through an orc.

Frenyr, Temanis, Syra and Lucius were the only men (and woman) left on the battlefield. What drove them was not their hate for the enemy, nor their love for their country, but a service to God.

A wyvern came into view. This was bad news. Wyverns were known to kill with a single slash, but were generally in preference of letting their victims suffer. Then a distracted Lucius was killed by a slightly less distracted orc. The four became three. With the death of Temanis, it became only two. The Kativans numbered in thousands.

With this knowledge, Frenyr and Syra did what they thought was appropriate, they prayed. They prayed to the Almighty One and promised him service for eternity in exchange for Victory.

And lo did the Earth shake and fissures formed. Out of one emerged a man. A young, silver haired youth wearing some green clothing. He looked reluctant, but eventually waved to the shocked heroes, and the equally shocked Kativans. He slowly walked towards them, like a nervous and shy teenager would approach a good looking girl. Once he got close enough he said, "Hello, um...why am I here?"

Syra and Frenyr staredn at eachother in disbelief. They had just traded eternity...for this? "Um excuse me," said the youth, "I must be really stoned, could you help me get back to my inn?" No reply. "Um...you seem to have a problem, would you like me to help?"

The heroes nodded, unable to speak. The Kativans seemed very scared for some unkown reason. "Um...here goes nothing." And with that the Youth sneezed. It wasn't even an impressive sneeze. It was a girly sneeze. But it did the trick.

Storms raged and the ground opened up and swalloed the Kativans. The ground the healed immediately, leaving only a single fissure. Then trees, grasses, plants, mushrooms and animals slowly appeard, as if from nowhere. It was pretty cool. "What is your name?" said Syra, almost giddy with surprise and shock. "I am Tamlin, and I think I've been sent to save Nature or something like that..."

Last edited by Tamlin on Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Back to top Go down
http://www.realmofmagyk.webs.com
Matthew
High Council Member
High Council Member
Matthew

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rping (Roleplaying on forums)   Rping (Roleplaying on forums) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 10:20 am

Very Happy lol nice, I'm actually sure morrigan had a comment like that..."now, let's move one, before the ground opens up and swallows us"
Back to top Go down
Tamlin
ArchDruid
ArchDruid
Tamlin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rping (Roleplaying on forums)   Rping (Roleplaying on forums) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 10:49 am

Ok
Back to top Go down
Matthew
High Council Member
High Council Member
Matthew

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rping (Roleplaying on forums)   Rping (Roleplaying on forums) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 10:16 pm

Most funny conversation in dragon age: The party arrives at lake calenhad to find that the circle of magi is locked down. The exploring party consists of Leliana, Sten, and Alistar. Leliana is a French accented girl from Orleas, Sten is a massive Qunari warrior who murdered a family of six a few weeks before, and Alistar Is just your good old every day Human Templar-Grey Warden.(who of course provides bad news and witty-one-liners)

The party moves onto the jetty, and is confronted by a Templar guard. You attempt to convince him to let you across, but to no avail. Exerpt from conversation:
"I'm sorry, there is no way I can let you across."(Templar Guard)
"How can I change your mind?"(Player Character)
"Well I am a little hungry...but, no, no, I'm not...I'm not hungry."(Templar Guard)

Sten stands forward, looming menacingly. For a second it seems he is going to rip the guard apart. Instead he hands the guard something and says:
"I will part with this if it allows us to Reach this tower" (Sten)

The Templar examines the Package Sten gave him, and exclaims:
"Cookies, yay!"
Back to top Go down
Matthew
High Council Member
High Council Member
Matthew

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rping (Roleplaying on forums)   Rping (Roleplaying on forums) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 10:32 pm

Quote :
Syra and Frenyr staredn at eachother in disbelief.

Ummmm, I'm confused, I believe you mean:
Quote :
Syra and Frenyr store at eachother in disbelief.
Back to top Go down
Tamlin
ArchDruid
ArchDruid
Tamlin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rping (Roleplaying on forums)   Rping (Roleplaying on forums) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 3:10 pm

I believe it is stared
Back to top Go down
Matthew
High Council Member
High Council Member
Matthew

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rping (Roleplaying on forums)   Rping (Roleplaying on forums) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 4:59 pm

"They store at each other in disbelief" is correct, trust me I've seen my share of passed tense staring... Stared is definitely not correct in this context.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rping (Roleplaying on forums)   Rping (Roleplaying on forums) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rping (Roleplaying on forums)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Realm Of Magyk Forums :: Other Stuff :: Lore and Stories-
Jump to: